Tuesday 13 August 2013

Motorway noise, wind turbine and phone mast

When I wake this morning it’s cold – 53 outside according to my weather station. The reason is clear when I climb the hill with the dog: the wind is north-westerly. I don’t mind though. That means it’s blowing towards the motorway, not away from it, and I can’t hear a thing. I can see the little vehicles whizzing along but they are completely silent.

The village
I think of the wind turbine about which the village has protested and won. I’m not sure why they were so vehement. It would have been a long way away from the village and I can’t believe they would have heard anything. Perhaps they thought that other turbines would follow. How though are we supposed to get our energy? (Sorry I'm so unsupportive. I probably haven't forgiven the village for refusing to have the phone mast near them so that it was plonked near us instead.)

The phone mast near our house

Everywhere they are harvesting at the moment and the noise on Saturday afternoon, what with Frog strimming as well, was extraordinary.


Harvesting

No comments:

Post a Comment